Great Lakes is one of only four approved loan servicers for all federal student loans.
They are a non-profit entity with 50 years of experience helping borrowers manage both federal and private student loans through partnerships with both the Department of Education and private lenders.
Great Lakes does not make student loans directly but works with partners to assist borrowers in the management and repayment of their loans. They currently service loans for several million student borrowers and work directly with over 6,000 schools and over 1,000 lenders.
The company offers a broad range of services to assist both borrowers and the parents of borrowers in every stage of the student loan process.
The Other Three:
These services include:
- Online access to payment schedules, student loan obligation statements, payment history, and billing statements, and tax documents
- Repayment options and resources (including Standard Payment and Income-Driven Repayment programs)
- Repayment planners
- Payment management options
- Deferment and forbearance options (including Disaster Forbearance)
- Closed school discharge assistance
- Student Loan Knowledge Center
Borrowers are able to access all of these services directly through the Great Lakes online portal.
Reviews for Great Lakes
BBB Rating: A+ (BBB Accredited since 7/6/2012)
Consumer Affairs Rating: 1.2 stars (out of 5)
Yelp Rating: 1.5 stars (out of 5)
For more information on how Great Lakes can help with the management and repayment of your federal student loans, visit MyGreatLakes.org or contact them at:
Great Lakes Higher Education and Affiliates
2401 International Lane
Madison, WI 53704
[wpc2c label=’Click To Call’ agent_number=’+18552408554 ‘]