In addition to offering credit card services, banking services, home equity loans, and personal loans, Discover also offers private student loans through its subsidiary Discover Student Loans.
Discover offers multiple private student loan types, including those for:
- Graduate students (including master’s and doctoral programs, MBAs, Law school and bar exam preparation, and health professional programs)
- Residency or internship options
Discover also offers borrowers numerous benefits when they take out a private loan, many of which are not offered by other private lenders.
These privileges include:
- No loan application fees
- No origination fees
- No late fees
- Up to 100% coverage of school-certified college costs (restrictions may apply)
- Competitive variable and fixed interest rates
- Choice of in-school or deferred repayment options
- 1% cash back reward (of total loan amount) for a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Consolidation options for federal and private student loans
- 24/7 Online Chat availability
- Ability to upload supporting loan documents securely as well as adding cosigners online
Discover Student Loans offers information on financial aid options as well as numerous resources for parents of student borrowers. They also provide resources to help you understand your repayment options as well calculating your student loan payments after graduation.
If you are interested in pursuing a private student loan with Discover, you can begin the application process here.
Reviews for Discover Student Loans:
Credit Karma Rating: 1.5/5 – 2 votes
Excite Rating: 8/10 – 25 votes
Tuition.io Rating: ⅘ – 1 vote
For more information, you can contact Discover Student Loans directly through their contact form or by the information below:
Discover Student Loans
PO Box 6107
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6107
Phone: 1-800-STUDENT (1-800-788-3368)